Chinese Manufacturer Organophilic Clay (DE-40) Organoclay for Solvent
|FOB Price:||US $1,500-3,000 / Ton|
|Min. Order:||1 Ton|
|Min. Order||FOB Price|
|1 Ton||US $1,500-3,000/ Ton|
|Production Capacity:||10, 000mt Per Year|
|Transport Package:||25kg Craft Paper Bag|
|Payment Terms:||L/C, T/T, D/P, Western Union, Paypal|
- Model NO.: DE 40
- Classification: Chemical Additives
- Appearance: Powder
- OEM: Yes
- Einecs No.: 273-219-4
- Trademark: Doeast
- Origin: China
- Efficacy: Rheology Modifier
- Type: Stabilizers
- Color: White
- CAS: 68953-58-2
- Special Package: as Per Customer′s Requirements
- Specification: DE 40
- HS Code: 38029000
- High gelling efficiency,high viscosity
- Wide application range, it can be applied in all low, middle and high polarity range
- Produce reproducible thixotropic consistency over a wide temperature range
- Imparts particle suspension, preventing hard settling of pigment and fillers
- Exerts strong film reinforcing action in organic binder systems
|Appearance||Light white fine powder|
|Particle size||98% min through 200 mesh|
|Moisture contend (%)||3.5 max|
|Bulk Density (g/cm3)||0.53|
|Loss on ignition (1000ºC,%)||28-31|
- Marine paint, Industrial paint, heavy-duty, anticorrosion paint such as bituminous coatings, epoxy paints, chlorinated rubber paints
DE-40 disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator for best efficiency. Heat is not required to obtain good dispersion. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed. Normally addition level of polar activator is recommended to be 45%~60% of DE-40 in weight. If in xylene system, addition level of polar activator is about 30%-40% of DE-40 in weight.
Pre-gel is made as below procedure.
1. Charge solvent to mill
2. Slowly add DE-40 (6-10% by weight of total pre-gel) to mill under agitation.
3. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
4. Add polar activator.
5. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
The product is usually kept in craft paper bag with PE liner inside and 25kg net weight, special packages are available based on customers' requirement. It should be kept in shady, dry and ventilated warehouse.
The product should be kept in shady, dry and ventilated warehouse with environment temperature controlled within 122F and relative humidity 50%. It should be prevented from sun and rain, and positioned in some place away from heat and fire; the expiration period is 24 months. It should not be utilized unless examined and qualified if out of expiration.
Avoid contacting with eyes, skin and clothing. Otherwise, wash with a flush of water. Refer to Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for complete handling and hazard data.